**Black Friday 2020 - limited to 3000**
Madlib’s all new jazz project, The Jahari Massamba Unit features Madlib on all instrumentation with the exception of drums, which are laid down by Karriem Riggins.
Like Madlib, Riggins is well-versed in both the worlds of Jazz and Hip Hop. Musically, Madlib’s label says “we would call the project Spiritual Jazz, but jazz great Phil Ranelin told us to call it Black Classical Music, so that’s what we’re going with it.”
This is an album put together by students of jazz in its myriad and historic corms who are also proponents of jazz’s future. The resulting recording reflects a lifetime of record collecting, musical study, woodshedding, and a reverential respect for one another’s craft.
Regardless of categorization this is an exciting an all new entry in Madlib’s Yesterdays New Quintet canon of difficult to categorize music.
1. Je Prendrai Le Romanée-Conti (Putain De Leroy) 2:00
2. Les Jardins Esméraldins (Pour Caillard) 1:14
3. Un Bordeaux Pré-Phylloxéra (Pour Le Riche Enculé) 3:10
4. Deux Fakes Jayers (Aussi Pour Le Riche Enculé) 3:32
5. Riesling Pour Robert 4:39
6. Du Morgon Au Moulin-À-Vent (Pour Duke) 9:08
7. Trou Du Cul (Ode Au Sommelier Arrogant) 2:35
8. Etude Montrachet 4:35
9. Le Feu (Pour Belluard) 0:33
10. Merde (Basse-cour) 5:11
11. Inestimable Le Clos 4:34
12. La Closerie (Pour Prévost) 2:05
13. Hommage À La Vielle Garde (Pour Lafarge Et Rinaldi) 4:48