Mike Oldfield is one of the world's most popular songwriters, composers, and musicians. In addition, he is one of the pioneers of ambient music. He was born in 1947.
Further, his real name is Michael John Oldfield. His actual birth name is Michael John Oldfield. He is an English musician. He became famous due to his song 'Tubular Bells.'
Mike Oldfield comes from a middle-class family. He belongs to the Caucasian race, and his religion is Christianity. His father is called Charles, and his mother is named Anne.
Further, his family name is Oldfield, and he has two children, Holly and Simon. He is married to his long-time girlfriend, Patricia. Mike Oldfield's life and career started when he was 19 years old. Mike Oldfield started his career in 1969 with the band 'The Tubular Bells.'
More so, the Tubular bell was a group based in London. In addition to electronic music, rock music influenced them as well. This group released two albums, The Tubular Bells and Tubular Bells II.
After the first album's release, Mike Oldfield became one of the most famous musicians in the world. He is one of the founders of Ambient music.
- Mike Oldfield's second album 'Tubular Bells II' is the first album that features synthesizers.
- The album was released in 1971. In this album, Mike Oldfield introduced the idea of the music called 'ambiance,' which he introduced later in 1975.
- In addition, listeners enjoyed the album. Quincy Jones produced the album because he was known for his legendary work as a composer and producer.
- As the artist's fame grew, the demand for his music increased. A third album named 'The Windchimes' was released in 1973. It was Mike Oldfield's most successful album.
- In the 1980s, the musician left the world of pop music to focus on his new project, which was ambient music. Mike Oldfield was a member of the 'Gong' in the 1980s.
- During this period, he was one of the pioneers of ambient music.
- In 1984, Mike Oldfield released the album Hergest Ridge, one of ambient music's first works.
- In 1985, he released another album, ' Tangerine Dream,' which is also one of the early works of ambient music.
- After the release of the 'Hergest Ridge' and 'Tangerine Dream, Mike Oldfield focused on ambient music. He also did the work for the group 'Threshold House.'
- Mike Oldfield also composed the soundtrack of the film 'The Killing Fields in 1984.
- Later, he made another album called 'Pawn Hearts.' He also wrote music for the film 'Trancers 2' in 1990.
Mike Oldfield also worked with the group Ostinato.' The album 'Ostinato' was released in 1994.
Oldfield is a British musician best known for his work with Tubular Bells. He has also produced some albums under the monikers Tubular Bells, The Tubular Bells Experience, and Tubular Bells II.
1. Why did he choose to be a musician?
Mike Oldfield decided to become a musician because of his love for music. He also loves to travel.
2. Who are his influences?
His influences include Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, and John Lennon.
3. How did he get his nickname?
His nickname comes from the fact that he is a tuba player.
4. Who is Mike Oldfield?
He is a British musician and composer. He is best known for his work with Tubular Bells, the soundtrack for the film The Exorcist.
5. What is Mike Oldfield's music?
Mike Oldfield's music is rock and roll.
6. What is his favourite album?
The Tubular Bells is one of the best-selling albums of all time. It also won the 1974 Brit Award for Album of the Year.